cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Platforms for Java 2...
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:27:05 GMT
Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> I don't tell you what I'm using... I'll tell you what I'm going to do
> over this week end... I believe in platform 2, I love it, and I think
> that NOW it's time to switch, even in production environments...
> So, I'm very sorry for my Linux box, who followed me for the last year,
> but, since now Solaris is freely available, well, I'm going to install
> it and run it...
That's what I thought i'd do but see what happens when you try and install
it on an intel box.  I paid $75 for the CD's and it won't install on 6
different machines all which are different but completely meet the specs in
the HCL.
The fine print says "Not all combinations of compatible hardware work."..
Good luck....

Mike