cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject XSP size limit??
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:53:14 GMT
I've been successfully using XSP for a few months now and have not run into
anything like this.  I have an XSP file that is only 35K in size.  It's a
well-formed document according to tidy so I've skipped that as a possible
problem.  Anyway, I can't get this file to work.. When I try and access the
file with my browser, according to top,  java just takes over the CPU and
spins forever. When I look in the repository directory there is a .java and
.class file.  The class file is a portly 350K!!!! :-)
The .java file appears syntactically correct.  Whatever is going on though,
it will not run through a stylesheet and display in a browser.  It just
hangs.  When I cut the size of the one of the elements in half (about 100
tags), it works fine.
Any ideas, workarounds, solutions!!

I'm running RH 6.1 Linux, Apache 1.3.12, JServ 1.1b3, Tomcat 3.1beta, and
IBM JDK 1.1.8 on a Dual PII-333

thanks,

Mike