cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject multilanguage support [was: proposed battleplan]
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:51:37 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> +1
> ok
> makes sense
> makes perfect sense (but don't tell me to write it!)
> Ok.
> Cool.
> me too.

Wow!  (and we've already written it for you)

> So, for what I can understand from your picture, the impact of
> multilanguage support is both on the taglib filter (responsible of
> generating the pure XSP code) and on the page-compiler/serializer
> (which should perform this BSF wrapping when compiling the page).
>
> Is this right?

I don't yet know enough about Cocoon, but it sounds right.

The changes shouldn't be large.  Mostly bookkeeping to keep track of which
language is intended to be used for any given xsp element depending on
where it came from, and inserting calls to BSF into the portions of the
page-compiler/serializer which processes <xsp:expr> and <xsp:logic> tags.

And I'll try to wrapper BSF itself so that it can be replaced should
somebody feel so inclined.

- Sam Ruby