cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2000 14:19:36 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>The idea is to take what Ricardo already wrote for Cocoon 1.x and make
>it a serializer for Cocoon2. Well, it goes in two steps:
>
> 1) move all the taglib stuff into a filter so that one can go from
>
>     <util:date/>

>     <xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:expr>

That presumes that the default page language is Java, or that expressions
in other languages are not supported.  Or even more scary (and exciting!)
is the possibility that multiple languages can be intermixed on one page.

>any volunteer for this part? In fact, it's not writing new code, it's
>just refactoring, most of the time.

This is an area I wish to actively participate in.  Own is a different
question - one I can't answer yet as I am not familiar enough with the
code.  Is this something that you feel that I could pick up, perhaps with
suitable coaching?

- Sam Ruby