cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Status
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:03:58 GMT
I'd definitely like to use their SVG DOM implementation in FOP.

They say their project's next step is to get set up using CVS. I'd like to
invite them to combine their efforts with ours and offer them our CVS setup.
However, FOP is primarily a FO renderer/viewer. They are an SVG
renderer/viewer. While parallel, they're not a subset of FOP, even if we
want to use bits. For inline SVG embedded in XML + HTML, FOP never enters
into it. I recall there was some SVG going on in Cocoon besides FOP that
might benefit from it, so I'm cross posting.

The CSIRO SVG Toolkit (http://sis.cmis.csiro.au/svg/index.html) might be
more akin to a peer level project. Like Xalan, Xerces, FOP, CSIRO.

Could we invite them to be such? What does everyone think? They use a BSD
license, btw.

-Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 7:18 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Status

COFFMAN Steven wrote:

> Uh... Stefano, you didn't contact CSIRO?
> Stefano Mazzochi wrote on Tue 4/25/00 5:23 PM:
> >
> > Andreas Rueckert wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!

> > > =======================================
> > > There were Open Source SVG toolkit link published on XMLHack.
> > > http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=417
> > > http://sis.cmis.csiro.au/svg/index.html
> > > =======================================
> > >
> > > Were you aware of this?
> >
> > Yes. I've already contacted them and I explained my interest in unifying
> > their effort with ours.... but nobody replied.

Oh, sorry, english bug, I rephrase:

"I contacted them when FOP started and they said they were open to
suggestions and tuned with our idea of open source with BSD licence".

"nobody replied" was for this list! I couldn't hear people saying "yeah,
let's do it" or "no, let's do it ourselves"...

Sorry for the english bugs :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.