cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@acm.org>
Subject Re: My API is better than yours
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:24:20 GMT

JDOM discussions are best on jdom-interest@jdom.org.

> Brett and Jason didn't like DOM thus wrote another API to wrap it.

Sorry about the follow-up but I just have to say

  WE DID NOT WRAP DOM!

JDOM can read DOM and write DOM, but that's the end cases.  To make the
API lightweight and fast we do NOT implement any DOM interfaces.  (And
of course neither did SAX.)  Please don't anyone go away thinking this
was a DOM wrap job.

> So what? what's the big deal?

Big deal is this opens the door to Java developers who aren't willing to
learn DOM or SAX just to do standard XML interaction.  I expect you'll
see even more Java developers joining the XML world because of JDOM.

> You like it? good, use it. You don't? great, ignore it.

Yep, and you just want to know more about it?  jdom.org.

-jh-