cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDOM and Thank You :)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:15:00 GMT
Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> I don't believe JDOM will work with Xalan, or any other XSLT processors
> that I know of, unless you produce SAX events (or a DOM) from the JDOM.
> Xalan can't use JDOM internally, for one reason, because you can't traverse
> up from a Node, and, for another, I believe it is important for Xalan to be
> compatible with the DOM (including the interface model, which allows Xalan
> to walk many tree implementations).  Cocoon should really use SAX2, and it
> should not care about tree object models, in my opinion.

Correct. This is how it's going to work.

But since we provide SAX2DOM adapters (for people that want to code
their components by hand and need a tree), I don't see any problem in
adding this SAX2JDOM adapter for those who want it.

But most definately, the Cocoon2 internals won't work with JDOM, not
even XSP, there is no point since JDOM strenght (as I see it) it's ease
of use.... and nodoby touches the cocoon internals anyway but a few of
us (and DOM code for XSP is autogenerated)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.