cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap verbosity
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:06:24 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
>
> > Mircea Toma wrote:
> > >
> > > The reason for the "syntax" is (I believe) that there will be more <process>
Making
> > > <process> tags the leafs of the tree instead of first elements from the
root
> > > the sitemap become less verbosely. The difference is that operations must be
> > > read from leaf to root. Tags such <serializer> are not repeated for every
> > > <process> instruction, grouping same type outputs.
> > > If I don't make sense sorry to bother.
> >
> > Hmm... we're going down to aestethics... I still prefer the old format,
> > the one starting with the prefix that needs to be matched, even if it's
> > more verbose than the one you're describing...
> >
> > Basically my "key" is the URI expression that needs to be matched, yours
> > is the content type that needs to be matched... Personally i think that,
> > even if it's more verbose, it's probably easier to see and understand...
> > but i might be wrong...
> >
> > can someone comment on that???
>
> is there no way we could support both, at least for the near term until
> people actually start using this stuff?

No way, we choose one and we modify as we go along until the final
version is out.

The sitemap DTD won't be carved in stone until the final release. Until
then every addiction/change/feature approuved will be included, but in
no absolute way we should fork the DTD (or even use XSLT to do that,
yuck!)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.