cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: sitemap verbosity
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:50:57 GMT
Preferably, we should only have one standard for setting up the sitemap.
You will alienate any corporate users if you have 'themed' configuration
scripts.  I think that is taking configurability too far.  No matter how verbose
the language is, if a human can read it and edit it, and a machine can read
it and parse it, then it should be OK.

In the best of all worlds, we can use Cocoon to administrate itself, setting
up its own site-map (maybe a URL like CocoonSitemap.xml).  Even if you
use a standalone program, the sitemap configuration could be more machine
readable and efficient (like SVG), and the user has a more pleasant experience.

To me, this would be a better use of resources than supporting multiple
configuration styles.

"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:

Making