cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Beyer <>
Subject serving index.xml files
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:48:41 GMT

I have one suggestion for the "docs/install.html" page
with the Cocoon distribution (in the configuring Cocoon
for Tomcat section).   I setup Apache to honor index.xml in the
DirectoryIndex directive, but it had no effect.  Then I realized
that it's really Tomcat that's doing the directory listing, and that
I needed to add the following to "web.xml" in my tomcat conf

Someone with CVS access may wish to add this helpful info
to the "docs/install.html" file.   Most people would want to
serve up index.xml files vs. doing a Tomcat directory listing.
I had to figure it out myself, and that spot in the install.html
file would have been the perfect place for this hint.

Ken Beyer
Metatec Internet Products Group

View raw message