cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Beyer <...@metatec.com>
Subject serving index.xml files
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:48:41 GMT
Hi,

I have one suggestion for the "docs/install.html" page
with the Cocoon distribution (in the configuring Cocoon
for Tomcat section).   I setup Apache to honor index.xml in the
DirectoryIndex directive, but it had no effect.  Then I realized
that it's really Tomcat that's doing the directory listing, and that
I needed to add the following to "web.xml" in my tomcat conf
directory...

        <welcome-file>
            index.xml
        </welcome-file>

Someone with CVS access may wish to add this helpful info
to the "docs/install.html" file.   Most people would want to
automatically
serve up index.xml files vs. doing a Tomcat directory listing.
I had to figure it out myself, and that spot in the install.html
file would have been the perfect place for this hint.

--
Ken Beyer
Metatec Internet Products Group