cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ServletConfig within XSP as implicit object
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:51:33 GMT
"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> "Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
> >
> > "Kevin A. Burton" wrote:
> > >
> > > Currently ServletConfig is *not* being supplied to an XSP page. :( This
> > > means that complex web applications (Turbine, Jetspeed) can't have XSP
> > > applications with Servlet initialization.  :(
> > >
> > > Any objection to me adding this via a patch (and then making sure it
> > > gets into Cocoon 2)?
> >
> > No objections... Anyway I'd like to see an abstraction of that...
> > I was talking this morning with Craig on how he wants to abstract the
> > Request/Response/Context in Tomcat.Catalina... It might be worthy
> > keeping those "in sync"...
>
> Could you share with the group what you were talking about ? :)

Well... most of us are subscribed also to the Tomcat mailing list :)

Basically what they want to do is to have an abstraction of the Servlet
Request/Response/Context objects because they want to use Tomcat as a
WAP server... Just dig into the tomcat mailing list... (I'll try to find
some URLs!)

	Pier