cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Platforms for Java 2...
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:21:04 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Sun tell me there's "no demand" for Java 2 on FreeBSD. I suspect that
> this is simply coz people don't think its worth asking, but some
> facts'n'figures would help...
>
> So, in an ideal world, what plaform would you like to run Tomcat, Cocoon
> and all the other good Java server stuff on? Don't tell me what you
> _are_ using (coz obviously that will only include platforms that are
> already supported), tell me what you'd be happiest using.
>
> I'll count the results and publish them.

I don't tell you what I'm using... I'll tell you what I'm going to do
over this week end... I believe in platform 2, I love it, and I think
that NOW it's time to switch, even in production environments...
So, I'm very sorry for my Linux box, who followed me for the last year,
but, since now Solaris is freely available, well, I'm going to install
it and run it...

    Pier (choosing his os depending on the quality of java support!)