cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: LGPL + APL = not good!
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:25:39 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> This is exactly the attitude that would ge us in trouble. In case you
> didn't notice, the ASF is responsible for the software that runs more
> than half of the internet and how much money is this worth?
>
> People get _killed_ for a lot less. A _lot_ less.

Maybe in Italy ... ;)

Ug.  I am sure you are right.  We have to go by the lowest common
denominator since the software runs in different countries.

It is totally scary though.  I mean all of us make $0.0 dollars off
this.  It is totally confusing!

> We do _not_ have the money to go to trial and unlike the FSF, we want to
> stay away of legal issues so we don't have legal consultants.

Maybe something can be worked out...

> Legally hard? anything that can't be settled with: sorry, I fucked up.
> And this is not such a thing if we starting going into the APL + xGPL
> path.
<snip>

> > Could we see the text of this vote?  It is hard to agree with a decision
> > like this without any data.
>
> Dirk, is the pmc list browsable? if not, we should make it so, don't we?

That would be rockin!

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org