cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dynamic XML-XSLT association
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:16:41 GMT
"K. Ari Krupnikov" wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > "K. Ari Krupnikov" wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I tell Cocoon, short of including a <?xml-stylesheet ..?> PI,
which
> > > stylesheet to use?
> > >
> > > I want to be able to say something like    href="myDoc.xml?myStyle.xsl"
> >
> > If you really need that, you can use XSP to dynamically generate the PI
> > from the header values.
> >
> And if I didn't _really_ need that :=?

a cleaner solution is to use something like

 /mystyle/mydoc.xml

unfortunately, due to the stupid need for PIs in Cocoon1 this requires
you to duplicate the documents if you have multiple styles. Cocoon2
solves that with the sitemap.

hmmm, yeah, using XSP is the only decent way to go now... but keep in
mind things will change in the future.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.