cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Champ <s-ch...@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Subject coccon-devel : a suggestion (Ant + CVS)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:05:06 GMT

the apache-group is a group to be thankful for, I think.

(just came across Jetspeed (
http://java.apache.org/jetspeed/site/application-development.html ).

 it looks good.

==> and does anyone know what they used to write their UML docs?
 )

back to the main:

was looking at Ant today, finally, and noticed that it offers an option
for grabbing CVS packages.

if someone else does the following, ok, if not, I'll put it on the
hack-board, here:

I think that the Cocoon team (and perhaps the rest of the apache.org
teams, as well. at least the ones working with Java) should provide Ant
files, seperate from the main download-packages, and in the same section
as ~/dist/**/${package} , for automating the grabbing of the CVS trees
of each package.

possibly one for the main-downloads, too, set to check for the most
recent versions?
(which might require an extension to Ant. but experience with Java is
something i'm hoping for, right now. I like Java(TM) .  )

so do the Ant ideas seem to be worth it?

-- sean.c
   s-champ@pacbell.net