cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Visco <kvi...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: LGPL + APL = not good!
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:06:50 GMT

Paul,

As I mentioned previously...you can distribute a wrapper for the library
and instruct people where to get the library. The PMC voted to just not
mix code with different licenses thats all. There is nothing stopping
you from making support for LGPL'd code.

Write a simple Regex interface, implement this for you LGPL'd regex
package. And when a BSD one comes along, it can be implemented for this
as well. The interface can be used in Cocoon, so that any code relying
on a Regex API doesn't need to change.

--Keith