cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Image Serializers
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:23:52 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > You failed to see that if an object implements _both_ ImageEncoder and
> > Configurable is able to perform image encoding and have configurable
> > properties.
>
> No, but that is configuration; I was more concerned by behavour at run
> time.

Oh, sorry, missed that point.

> And am not convinced that a pure config interface is the solution to
> that as their might well be other interaction in the publication path; say
> for attaching a digital kiddie-safe seal or on the fly conversion to some
> PDA b&w safe pixmap.

Hmmm, what do you propose then?

If there are just a few of these different behaviors, it makes sense to
me to have different "formatters" that are configured differently, even
if they share the same code.

Hmmm, what do others think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.