cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Status of stylebook/cocoon integration
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:56:15 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 08:49:00PM -0700, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> > I am... That's the part on wich I'm working on (really lazily, lately),
> > but it needs to be attached from two sides: Cache and Offline-Generation
>
> Damn, I've written half of it now :(
>
> The way my implementation stands at the moment is that effectively it
> wraps the Cocoon class (well, extends it, as it happens) and saves all
> requests to a target directory as well as sending them onwards and
> outwards. There's then an abstracted 'client' that has the job of
> requesting all the pages in turn (the current one spiders the site
> from a given start point)
>
> > I hope to have an implementation working for next week.... (But I need
> > first to finish the revision of all fast-regexp, wich is nedeed also by
> > James, the mail serverl....)
>
> See previous post regarding gnu.regexp.
>
> Should I stop development of the offline code now, or what?
>
> Paul

This is a mail I was expecting sooner or later. Pier has begun a great
work taking responsability coordinating the project which summit in his
battleplan. Subjectively this has given a rush to this list.

I do not have any experience in OSS project management but have some
experience in commercial project management. So, I think some of the
project management pattern can be applied to both kind of projects and
we should care of not stepping on each others ties. Maybe some collected
status of who is working on what part and who needs help implementing
things and who has no time at the moment doing thing would be good for
the project.

What do you think?

I'm not working on anything currently because I first like to know which
part is under implementation control of whom.

Giacomo
--
PWR Organisation & Entwicklung            Tel:   +41 (0)1 856 2202
Giacomo Pati                              Fax:   +41 (0)1 856 2201