cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Champ <>
Subject Re: Sitemap Documentation
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:02:33 GMT

Paul Curtis wrote:
> Does any exist? If not, what would be the best classes to look at?
> Actually, this might be a place for me to start writing documentation .
> . .

I'd been hoping to help on the doc-writing, too, and maybe we can
collaborate on it.

(==> and get a listing of everyone who's working on documentation?
and the status of the work on each worker's workbench? )

I'm still trying to get familiar with Java, and still hoping to
dig far enough into Cocoon (and other code-bundles) to see how it
works, at the most basic level.

(waiting on some financing for a first javaBook, right now)

	I still should be able to offer some help in the meantime.

...can write, can build HTML-help files, and been ( meaning , needing )
find out how to work with JavaHelp, as well (and hopefully to
take care of them both from one XML file, with some XSL
transforms on that.)

a question, though:

what exactly are y'all meaning by "sitemap"?

in the terms that I'm familiar with, "sitemap" ~~ "diagram of a

but the following seems to present a different definition:

             Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
             Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:36:23 -0700

             "Pier P. Fumagalli" <>

"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
> "Kevin A. Burton" wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > - XLink (Gerard van Enk)
> > >     Pier said: "I don't see how XLink can work on the server side"
> >
> > I thought so right off the bat.  But it is perfect on the server side.
> > The linking between documents and them providing a "arch" between all
> > them could be translated into <a> links for HTML... xLink and XHTML A
> > links are not compatible so... we should take care of that :)
> Hmm... The more I see that spec, the more I don't see it fitting in our
> sitemap model...

-- sean

View raw message