cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 suggestions
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:10:31 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> 1)  XSP error handling.

It's not a question of error handling only for XSP... I believe that
better error handling should be put throughout the code...
I'm trying to come up with a set of exceptions and rules on how to
handle them, so that we could get better "feelings" on what happens when
something goes wrong...

On a sidenote... When an exception occours in an XSP, it's stack trace
will reflect the line number of where the exception happened AFTER the
code has been translated from XML to JAVA... Do someone have any idea on
how we can fix that?

> 2)  Internationaliztion

Internationalization is not something that Cocoon can do something
about. Internally (at least in the 2.0 source tree) nothing is stored as
byte [], so, there should not be any issue in dealing with weird
charsets (as long as the parsers and the serializers support them!)

>     I've ranted about this several times on this list but haven't gotten any
> response so I'll rant again....Internationalization using ResourceBundle's
> with Cocoon/XSLT sucks!  With XSP, you can't access ResourceBundle classes
> for some unknown reason. [...]

ResourceBoundle like
this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("..."); ????????

	Pier