cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <brettmclaugh...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Java and XML Beta Chapter
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:19:56 GMT

"Timm, Sean" wrote:

> What? No XSL:FO served up by Cocoon?  ;)

that's actually funny you say that - O'Reilly is, surprisingly, largely
a Perl shop.  Some of us, though, are working to change that - in the
mean time, I will be putting up a site to show all this stuff off, but
it's not all public yet (yes, I know the URL is in the stupid book
(http://newInstance.com), but it's not all functional - patience,
patience...)

I did have the example in the chapter done that way... so let's see.

XML chapter 1 -> PDF (by xsl:fo in Cocoon) -> .bmp file in Photoshop
(for image) -> MS Word for writing -> SGML for publication...

possibly the longest transformation on record? :)

-brett