cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: Java and XML
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:19:55 GMT
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

[...]

>         As if that wasn't enough (guys, I think this is a big deal; all of
> O'Reilly is excited about Cocoon coverage), we are using this chapter as
> the beta chapter to put online at http://www.oreilly.com.  That means
> that everyone and their dog is going to see what the O'Reilly XML book
> looks like, and get a whopping 37 8.5" x 11" pages (that's about 60
> pages in O'Reilly published format!) of Cocoon.  So buckle up -
> predictions are for this book to do well, so I'm personally hoping to
> see the user list double in size and the developer list to increase by
> 50%.

[...]

What can I say? I'm both impressed, honored and scared :)

Scared because this is a _big_ press coverage and we'll see the user
list double or triple in a few months. Gee, I hope you're going to help
up to take care of all those new users asking a bunch of questions.

Anyway, Brett, I think I can speak for the whole Cocoon and Apache XML
community thanking you for this.

I really hope you apply for cocoon document writing soon :) if you want
commit access, just ask (but you already knew that, but I'll dream
on...)

Anyway, selfishly, do you think I did enough to deserve an autographed
copy of the book? :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.