cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:15:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> "Marcelo F. Ochoa" wrote:
> >
> > Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > > - Oracle PLSQL Producer (Marcelo Ochoa)
> > >     Stefano said: "Can this be generic enough or it will be always tied
> > >                   only to Oracle?"
> >
> >     Prism was redesigned using design patterns to be pluggable with any
> > database. Prism supports Java Stored Procedure or other proprietary
> > languages as Oracle PLSQL..
> >    In the new design there are factories for Connection and Stored
> > Procedures. These factories implement vendor dependent stuff. (In Stored
> > procedures arena this proprietary stuff are more frequents than JDBC pure
> > connections, but Stored Procedure have many features that you can take into
> > account.)
> >     The  first version begun with tree basic support (Oracle support) but
> > it'll have compatibility to IBM DB2 and so on. Any database to be supported
> > require the creation of a new adapter (Concrete Factory).
>
> Marcelo, what do you propose for integration? what is the best choice
> for you?

Actually Prism is under the package com.prism if you want we can move it to
org.apache.prism to facilitate the integration.

The current design is allocated in my web page

    http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/cgi-bin/wrap/mochoa/Prism

You can find two pdf: the class diagram and the class specification.
The actual design of Cocoon has not the  suggested method hasCache in the
producer interface and It would be important to have it. This method has to say
to the store system to not store the XML comming from DB. This will reduce the
store and discard time of the page by consulting the actual method hasChanged,
which always return true.

I saw the version 2.0 of Cocoon and the producer from file is very different
from the previous version. It is right? This is the real version or I took a
wrong one? (<xml-cocoon>/src/org/apache/cocoon/generators/FileGenerator.java)

Best regards
Marcelo