cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: New ideas for Cocoon??
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:08:26 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I'd be totally happy to see an EJB taglib (like I said on the
> cocoon-user mail list)
>
> Even a brief example/proposal would really help to bootstrap the
> discussion.

EJB is a complex beast to say the least, and I believe that you are either a
EJB fan or not. And if you are, you seem to have little time for anything else.

That said; EJB is a framework into which the whole of Cocoon could be
integrated, or accessing an EJB server by RMI. Either way should be fairly
simple. The problem with EJB is the flexibility, since each Bean is unknown to
other Beans, it will be hard to code something in Cocoon to use EJB.

What I can think of, is that a Cocoon generator could connect to a EJB, and by
using RMI and Reflection, get data out of there, and converting it to XML.
Another option would be to define a RMI interface, or perhaps a complete Bean,
to which the EJB people have to adhere to.

The Open Source efforts on EJB is at  http://www.ejboss.org.

Niclas