cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 suggestions(off topic -> language evolution)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:34:26 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> But, please, let's remove this stereotype that a single world-wide
> language is a bad thing, ok? As long as it's open and not imposed, I
> can't see why it would be a bad thing to have.
>
> (of course, nothing stops you from knowing more than one language, but
> this shouldn't be necessary)
>
> I'd be happy to see the internet and freedom of speech succeed where
> governments and wars couldn't in the whole history of mankind. It would
> prove something, wouldn't it? :)

+1.  Can we integrate this into Cocoon 2.0 before JavaOne?  That would
really be cool :)

I do agree with you.  Some people don't.  IE the French government.

The interesting part about language difference is how easy it is to make
another Human your enemy.  Imagine a WW2 where everyone spoke the same
language.  It makes it a lot harder to shot someone when they are saying
"Please! I have 2 children!" instead of ";asjkddii lkjasodi,  adskup
kupi kie".!!!

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org