cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] document autofragmentation
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:43:02 GMT
Steve Muench wrote:

> | It is evident that such "fragmented documents" can be done today...
>
> Not sure if it's relevant at all but during my period trolling
> of the www.w3.org/TR page, I noticed this:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/xdnl/
>
> Which seems to deal with at least similar kinds of issues...

Yes, it does.

They propose the separation of "navigation" and "style"... interesting
concept... the only thing that hurts me is the clear overlapping with
XSLT. In fact, I would have gone the other way around, defining some
sort of "xfragment" namespace for attributes... following the xlink
model.

But the more I think about it, the less I see a possible general way for
doing navigation this way.

Steve, are you guys in the XSLT WG planning to address such "navigation"
capabilities for WML decks or for fragmented documents?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.