cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 suggestions
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:44:57 GMT
Gerard van Enk wrote:
<snip>
> > doing this in-process with the transformation.
> > I don't know about anyone else but the apparent convergence on English as
> > the language of the web/future scares the crap out of me....
>
> This is very import....
> but I thought with all the Italians in this list this would be a big issue,
> or maybe they would like to see the whole world speaking Italian??? ;-)
>
> Gerard

It is eventually inevitable that everyone will speak the same language.
Although it won't may still be called English the influence from other
language will modify and introduce newer words.

It does scare me that cultural diversity will fade but you can get in
the path of the future or you will get run over :(

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org