cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Project Coordination
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:36:48 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >
> > > 5) "Turbine-like" Generator ? (just an idea I was working on
> > >    recently)
>
> Should I realy explain what Turbine is???
>
> Ok, in short:
>
> <quotation from Turbine web page http://java.apache.org/turbine>
> Turbine is a servlet based framework that allows experienced Java
> developers to quickly build secure web applications. A web based
> application is an application where users use their favorite web browser
> in order to access secure business logic. A couple example web
> applications that can benefit from using this framework include
> e-commerce shopping cart systems, Yahoo style Link Conservatories and
> project/bug/resource tracking systems.
> </quotation>
>
> When I was played with Cocoons to build a generator I've used Turbine to
> turn it into that. I think it can work but actualy it's not finished.
> Cocoon is a XML publishing framework (whom do I tell that ;-) and
> Turbine is a application framework. I've had the idea to have them both
> under Cocoon!
<snip>

Or you can use them both under Jetspeed.  The integration is there.
Hopefully (soon) the Cocoon integration will be better so that you can
just think of it as a Cocoon/Turbine hybrid and have the benefits of
both worlds plus the benefits of Jetspeed (disk based persistence,
remote content subscription, iCalendar, etc)

UML is here and shows the integration of Cocoon and Turbine ->
http://java.apache.org/jetspeed/site/images/uml/jetspeed-architecture.png

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)