cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Project Coordination
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2000 19:30:25 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > 5) "Turbine-like" Generator ? (just an idea I was working on
> >    recently)

Should I realy explain what Turbine is???

Ok, in short:

<quotation from Turbine web page http://java.apache.org/turbine>
Turbine is a servlet based framework that allows experienced Java
developers to quickly build secure web applications. A web based
application is an application where users use their favorite web browser
in order to access secure business logic. A couple example web
applications that can benefit from using this framework include
e-commerce shopping cart systems, Yahoo style Link Conservatories and
project/bug/resource tracking systems.
</quotation>

When I was played with Cocoons to build a generator I've used Turbine to
turn it into that. I think it can work but actualy it's not finished.
Cocoon is a XML publishing framework (whom do I tell that ;-) and
Turbine is a application framework. I've had the idea to have them both
under Cocoon!

Giacomo

> Can you please expand a little bit the idea? I don't even know what
> turbine is... Shit... more docs to read :) :) :)
>
>         Pier (off reading Turbine docs!)
>
> --
> pier: stable structure erected over water to allow docking of seacraft
> <mailto:pier@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

PWR Organisation & Entwicklung            Tel:   +41 (0)1 856 2202
Giacomo Pati                              Fax:   +41 (0)1 856 2201