cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Project Coordination
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:21:57 GMT
"Marcelo F. Ochoa" wrote:

>     I am working  in Prism (formerly OWSKiller - Oracle PLSQL Producer in
> Cocoon 1.7) and I have plan to adapt this producer as Generator in version
> 2.0.
>     The next, week i'll put the 1.0-alpha release tested as producer in my
> home page. This producer support Oracle DB 7.x, 8.x and Lite version (and
> in the future DB2).
>     This new version extend the model of generating of XML inside de DB
> through  Stored Procedures with Stored Procedures wrinting in Java+SQLJ.
>    Stefano:
>         I have plan to contribute with my code to ASF, what do you think
> about this?.
>     Marcelo.

I have no problems with this... but if you do, Prism would need to
become a cocoon subproject of some kind.... I don't want to include
vendor-specific stuff inside the Cocoon distribution.

Anyway, I don't know how many people use this... but as long as it's
useful to someone, it makes sense to have it under our umbrella... but
only if this doesn't impact the main distribution.

What do others think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.