cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Project Coordination
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:28:21 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Hello kids :)
>         Since it seems that Stefano kindly gave me the responsability of
> managing the 2.0 release (just to quote him: "No, Pier is simply a
> crappy project coordinator" hehehe) but without letting me know of his
> thoughts and/or decisions (or probably I just didn't get it, I'm kinda
> stubborn, and lately my mind is somewhere else :), I wanted to know if
> it's cool with all of you (expecially with you Stefano, Cocoon is your
> baby!) if I could be the release manager from here to the 2.0 beta (due
> for JavaONE) trying to organize a little bit the effort of the whole
> group...
>
> It's a hella scary to do this (never volunteered to be release manager
> for anything), but since i'm luckily paid to work on Cocoon (thanks
> Exoffice!) and I am probably the one knowing the 2.0 internals better,
> I'm ready and willing to take this responsability.
>
> The plan is quite ambitious, but, here is my idea: Cocoon 2.0 is made of
> some basically different components:
>
> A) Engine:
>    1) Sitemap/Matchers/XML Utitlities
>    2) Cocoon internal request/response model
>    3) Avalon configuration/interfaces (org.apache.arch)
> B) HttpServlet:
>    1) Adapter from HTTP world to the Cocoon engine
> C) Basic "core" Generators/Filters/Serializers
>    1) Parser Generator
>    2) XSP Generator
>    3) XSLT Filter
>    4) XINCLUDE Filter
>    5) XML Serializer
>    6) HTML Serializer
> D) Additional Generators/Filters/Serializers
>    1) SQL/LDAP
>    2) SVG
>    3) XSL-FO
>    4) any other?

    I am working  in Prism (formerly OWSKiller - Oracle PLSQL Producer in
Cocoon 1.7) and I have plan to adapt this producer as Generator in version
2.0.
    The next, week i'll put the 1.0-alpha release tested as producer in my
home page. This producer support Oracle DB 7.x, 8.x and Lite version (and
in the future DB2).
    This new version extend the model of generating of XML inside de DB
through  Stored Procedures with Stored Procedures wrinting in Java+SQLJ.

   Stefano:
        I have plan to contribute with my code to ASF, what do you think
about this?.
    Marcelo.