cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From John Milan <jmi...@lightmail.com>
Subject Shameless Developer Recruiting
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 08:33:21 GMT

Well, I did ask Stefano about it first...

I'm looking for people who want to develop and use Cocoon in a
large-scale (and rapidly getting larger-scale) production environment.
We fully expect to be servicing several hundred of the Fortune 1000
companies in the coming year. The problems we are facing are exactly the
solutions Cocoon provides.

I believe the following is true:

"The Cocoon project aims to change the way web information is created,
rendered and served. This new paradigm is based on fact that document
content, style and logic are often created by different individuals or
working groups. Cocoon aims to a complete separation of the three
layers, allowing the three layers to be independently designed, created
and managed, reducing management overhead, increasing work reuse and
reducing time to market."

and now I want to prove it. I want to make my company the high-profile
proving ground. My desire is to build a reference site for the Cocoon
publishing framework, much like Amazon has become a reference site for
the Apache Web Server. We've just secured $30 million in financing from
Benchmark and Goldman Sachs-- we will be high profile.

I'm looking to build a technical team that can solve challenging
problems. The opportunity is wide open as I am building this team from
the ground up. The environment will be respectful, open, demanding,
intellectually rigorous and rewarding. Your work will be standards based
and your solutions will be open source. If you want to be part of this
team, if you want to build part of this solution, and if you want to
share the rewards, please let me know.

Best Regards,

John Milan
Director of Engineering