cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation grammars, was:[Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings]
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:23:07 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> The whole thing is clearly getting too religious to be resolved: you
> like one DTD, I like another.
>
> Well, this arguing is pointless.

Ohhh..... Finally something _SERIOUS_ said here....

> But don't worry, we will _NOT_ impose any DTD on this project or to any
> other. How could we possibly do that?

And also because if you do, I know where you live :) :) :)
A nice kick in 'da ass will be surely deserved :) :) :)

> Of course, we'll vote to choose one for our docs and we'll write the
> skins for it.

And if DocBook will be voted to be _THE_ DTD, I'll have to pass all docs
in Cocoon before committing them to the CVS to convert them from MY DTD
to yours.... Is this THAT HARD to do????

> But we will _NEVER_ limit the ability to Cocoon/stylebook
> to that single DTD and we are committed to include in the distribution
> all the skins/DTD that the different projects can produce.
> There are no reasons to do otherwise.

That's for sure :) So, you produce the stuff for DocBook, and I produce
the stuff for my DTDs....

> I believe a more powerful DTD is needed, you don't. That's it.
> It's the same old "VI vs. Emacs" tune and doesn't help anyone because
> there's room for both.

In fact I use UltraEdit... And screw both religions :)

	Pier (and the first person who will reopen this discussion
              will be mailbombed, by me! :)