cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:52:54 GMT
Norman Walsh wrote:

> Right. I don't want to argue either. But I can't resist making a few
> comments :-)

Hehehe :) Glad to hear them :) Can I reply???

> I've tried to get O'Reilly interested in doing a quickref, maybe
> that would help. Moreover, I should probably make a version of
> TDG for the Simplified subset (which has 100 tags instead of 400 :-).
> [...]
> Here I have little sympathy. Arguing for short tag names is like arguing
> for short variable names.

Oh my god... I feel so dumb... I edit all my XML in UltraEdit (nifty
text editor for Win32) with none of its gui features enabled (no
taglist, no sintax highlight... sorry, old school!) I'll never remember
100 tag names...
I need to keep the HTML reference (HTMLib!) on any computer I use
because I can't remember the tag names... 100 tags scare the bejesus out
of me :) :) :)

I envy those who can do it... :(

	Pier (really feeling dumb!)

> | 5) Any publishing system needs to be able to handle many grammars.  I
>
> Yep.

You see... We all agree on that :) Cool :) Can I use my old DTDs and
translate them in DocBook so Stefano will be happy ????

	Pier