cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:47:48 GMT
Mike Pogue wrote:

> 5) Any publishing system needs to be able to handle many grammars.  I
> think that forcing everybody to use a single grammar is a common mistake.
> [...]
> Side note: I'm not convinced that using DocBook as the Lingua Franca for
> Cocoon (step 2 in the current diagram) is a wise idea.

Nopenopenopenope... I think you didn't understand what Stefano wanted to
say... He's a visionary, and in his quest for the perfect DTD for his
thesis, I believe he found DocBook :)
I am more than sure that Cocoon will not be limited to be a DocBook
publishing engine (let's not be restrictive :), but I'm sure we'll see
in the distribution a bunch of source files (like the docs) and a bunch
of stylesheets to use this DTD...
Anyway nothing binding... (I still use our nice FAQ/CHANGES/DOCUMENT
dtd... I'm not going to buy a book on a DTD - with all due respect to
Norman and the others, of course... I just don't need it :)

	Pier