cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:34:23 GMT
Mike Pogue wrote:

> Unfortunately, validation with namespaces enabled is not well defined
> yet.  It's not clear to me that the whole namespace mess will be resolved
> by schema.  (sorry!)

blurb... too bad... anyway I don't validate *anything* :) :) :)

> Funny that you should mention DocBook in this context! The original
> Stylebook idea was to do a "DocBook Lite", because DocBook was way
> too complex for general use.  But, feedback from actual writers was
> that even DocBook Lite was too complex for general use (it's powerful,
> but way complicated and more verbose than necessary).

And I perfectly agree... In every speech I make, I just keep saying
"design your DTDs as small as you can, tailored exactly for your
needs"...
Probably I'm wrong, but, if one of you want to have a DocBook
representation of my slides, I just need a stupid XSLT... Who cares?

	Pier