cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Where to begin? =)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:59:57 GMT
On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 11:41:55PM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > In a word, 'blimey'. Keep us posted - open source I assume?
> I was initially intending to write reliable multicast from scratch, but,
> having done it before, I know its hard work, so when I discovered that I
> didn't have to, well, I didn't.

Heh. don't blame you. I was working on a scatter gather mp3 encoder not
so long ago. Distributed computing is very rewarding, but bloody hard
to get your head round at the best of times ;)

If necessary, I dare say someone will write one open source (maybe me,
if I get a chance). I'm definately interested in seeing progress with
this, because I'm aiming to have a 'fairly large' cluster of application
servers up and running within year or so.

Paul