cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Stimmel <jon-li...@stimmel.net>
Subject Re: Where to begin? =)
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:25 GMT
On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 06:07:42PM -0700, Simon wrote:

> Ever thought about distributed Cocoon processing?  Multiple processing
> engines, one giant distributed cache...  Just an idea.

Not a bad idea, though I'm not certain the benefits would necessarily
outweigh the potential drawbacks of such an implementation.  My personal
wish list for the cache includes the following two qualities:

  - "globally" available - with separate cachespaces (e.g. an XSP
    page could use the cache w/o worrying about stepping on anyone
    else's toes)

  - psuedo-modular - cache could be maintained in memory, filesystem,
    high speed database, ...  (with such a design, a central cache
    server probably wouldn't be too difficult to add)