cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Stimmel <jon-li...@stimmel.net>
Subject Where to begin? =)
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:41:44 GMT
I'm a contractor at a major (US, Fortune 500) company, and I've spent
the last couple of months examining ways to reengineer our network
of web sites. The upshot is that I think I'm in a good position to
get paid to work on Cocoon (*crosses fingers* =).

It's clear that we shouldn't use anything less than cocoon2, so I'm
wondering what areas I might best be able to contribute to. I've thought
a bit about the issue of the cache (I tend to agree that an internal
cache is needed), but I believe someone else is already working on
this? One thing I would like to see is a "tag library" processor;
the tag libraries I've seen feel a little clunky to me. I know
that Xang (or something similar) will be crucial to our application,
so that's another avenue for exploration.

I know this is kind of open-ended, but does anyone have suggestions
of what area I should pursue? I realise I'm an unknown here, but if
all goes well here, I think I have a lot to offer.