cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Zisch (Matthias Meier), NetHorizon AG" <>
Subject Hacked Cocoon 1.7
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:19:03 GMT
Hi all,

I have a first version of a modified Cocoon 1.7.2 which is able to do "internal
subrequests". (There's not much ported from WeAF yet, but the internal
subrequests for Cocoon should work now.)

As said before, my project does not intend to fork the Cocoon project in any
way, but it is actually a "port" of our own "Web-Application-Framework" ("WeAF")
from a standalone-framework to a Cocoon-based one. To get this working, I needed
to do some extensions to the original Cocoon 1.7.2, most notably I needed the
possibility to do "internal subrequests". However, the whole project is targeted
to our specific needs, that is to get the next generation of our
E-Commerce-Applications (currently running on top of WeAF1) out of the door as
soon as possible.

However, we give the code to anyone who wants it. (I used a modified Apache
License for the code which is contributed by NetHorizon.)

To make it easier for me to distribute the source code to the interested people,
I made it available for download at

There is also a README file which I wrote to give some hints. It's included in
the zip-archive, but you also get it directly with

Comments are always welcome.

| Matthias Meier  |
| NetHorizon AG     |
| City Server of Winterthur |