cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: LGPL + APL = not good!
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:02:26 GMT
On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 02:34:40AM -0700, Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> Paul Russell wrote:
> <snip>
> > Yep, point taken. I just find the whole GPL/LGPL issue 'rather
> > frustrating', to put it mildly.
>
> I don't like this perspective.  The GPL is only their to enforce the
> rights of the original author.  If you don't like the GPL then write it
> yourself.

I meant the GPL/LGPL in relation to the ASL. i.e. that they're
incompatible and therefore get in the way of us using a lot of
good code.

You certainly don't need to sell me on the benifits of OSS and
the GPL, check my mailclient ;)

Anyway, frankly I think this discussion isn't getting us anywhere,
we've reached a consensus (I thought) to keep LGPL and GPL out of
the repository, and that seems entirely sensible to me.

> Sorry to rant.  :(

That's alright <grin>

> Message to SUN:  "Please Open Source Java!"

If only..

Paul