cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: LGPL + APL = not good!
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:49:45 GMT
On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 10:18:36PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Paul Russell wrote:
> > [snip misc me making a twit of myself]
>
> I'm _strongly_ -1 to regexp in the sitemap.

Heh. Fair enough, I get your point. However, if anyone *does*
happen to come across a regexp library that we can use (mike??)
then I'd appreciate it; I've got some truely hideous spidering
code with about five nested for loops that I'd *much* rather
were a regexp...

> And this is not for legal issues at all.

Yep, point taken. I just find the whole GPL/LGPL issue 'rather
frustrating', to put it mildly. As part of the company that I'm
just starting, I'm looking to build some kind of bean/class
repository to operate as a kind of CPAN for java... Anyone got
any preferences/thoughts on licences for that, or should we leave
it upto the bean/class author?

Paul

PS - expect a scary new sig tomorrow providing companies house
     get everything right <grin>