cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: LGPL + APL = not good!
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:20:59 GMT
> See? no need for legal troubles.

In the nicest possible way, I don't see this. How many other
libraries are we going to miss out on long term becase of this?
A *lot* of code is, (and will continue to be) released under
the LGPL.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that we can entirely ignore regexps
for sitemap use - people *are* going to want to use them;
personally, I speak fluent regexp and it's surprising how useful
it can be. If we don't write the code as part of cocoon, someone
else will go ahead and write it anyway (although that may
actually be the best way of doing it if the LGPL really is
that much of an issue.)

Paul