cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:30:23 GMT
Donald Ball wrote :
> > Because, doing it before, or doing it after, it's the same thing....
> > We won't loose that much performance on that, and it surely eases the
> > whole architecture (having only one way to pass XML from one place to
> > another!)
> But doing it before, the XML parser gets to do it internally. Doing it
> after, we have to construct the DOM from SAX events. I reckon the
former
> would be faster...

I think most XML Parsers have their DOM builder based on top of SAX
events. It's tbe case at least for the previous SUN Project X Parser(
DocumentBuilder implements DocumentHandler). That's might be the
reason why Pier believe no performance is lost in a SAX based
architecture with SAX2DOM and DOM2SAX utils.

Sebastien