cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Java and XML Beta Chapter
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:04:50 GMT
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 12:52:42AM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> > There is no reason why Perl and Cocoon need to be mutually exclusive...
>
> I'd hope not. My perl guy has begun to roll his eyes when I say that
> support for other languages in XSP is "just around the corner, honest!".
> :)

Indeed. Unfortunately, perl is going to be something of an issue, given
Cocoon is a 100% java project :(

Any bright ideas how to get around that one? The obvious solution I guess
is to put the perl language module into a separate module, and use JNI.
I certainly don't relish the thought of reimplimenting perl in java ;)

Paul