cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Sitemap configuration bug
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:23:49 GMT
There is a bug in the handling of Sitemap configuration data - the original
proposal was that this would work:

    <cocoon>
        <serializer role="pdf" class="org.apache...">
            <parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
        </serializer>

        <sitemap>
            <process>
                <serializer name="pdf">
                    <parameter name="test" value="a string"/>
                <serializer>
            </process>
        </sitemap
    </cocoon>

i.e., the PDF serializer is configured with {foo=bar, testing=a string}.
This does not happen at present, which means that "global" parameters must
be specified each time they are to be used.  I looked into this in the
source but I could not see an easy way of patching the code, so that
configuration data from Cocoon.java is passed down to GenericProcessor.java
where the components are configured using setup(...).

Pier, as you know this code the best any idea on how to fix this?

Ross Burton