cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Washeim" <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: Shameless Developer Recruiting
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:22:51 GMT

>but I have to tell you: such companies don't have problems paying 125K$
>for a Vignette StoryServer licence.... and don't have problems running
>clusters of huge Sun machines to run the Oracle Application Server when
>they could spend one tenth using a bunch of PCs + FreeBSD + Apache +
>JServ.

This is precisely what I've been proving to large IT departments in the last
year. They get better ROI and lower TCO with the SAME resulting facilities
using:
NetBSD
PC Hardware
Java
Apache
JServ.

And I have much better margins, support (you guys!) and, even, better TCO
(it's all easier to maintain).

Now, I have to give more back!

mark