cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Washeim" <>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 suggestions
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:08:11 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Engelhart <>
To: <>
Date: 10 April 2000 06:16
Subject: Re: Cocoon 2 suggestions

>Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>> It is eventually inevitable that everyone will speak the same language.
>> Although it won't may still be called English the influence from other
>> language will modify and introduce newer words.
>Sadly this is mostly true

I suppose it's also inevitable that we'll one day live in complete peace and
harmony? Only the in technocrat run hell of the corporate monoculture.

>> It does scare me that cultural diversity will fade but you can get in
>> the path of the future or you will get run over :(
>I don't really want to get run over, but as I don't want to be known as
>someone who was a member of a movement (i.e., programming geeks) who helped
>give the death blow to cultural diversity on Earth, I'd love to be able to
>access ResourceBundle's from my XSP pages. :-)

Ditto. We too often forget that we are agents of a monoculture created by
capital in the interests of capital, not culture.

I'm speaking, incidently, as an owner. I dislike the tendency that our
companies show toward mindlessly supporting the eventual aims of other
companies which care nought for culture.

Ah, well, not the place to rant.

Thank god this project is dominated by the italian contingent!

View raw message