cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:52:06 GMT

> The actual design of Cocoon has not the  suggested method hasCache in the
> producer interface and It would be important to have it. This method has
to say
> to the store system to not store the XML comming from DB. This will reduce
the
> store and discard time of the page by consulting the actual method
hasChanged,
> which always return true.

> I saw the version 2.0 of Cocoon and the producer from file is very
different
> from the previous version. It is right? This is the real version or I took
> wrong one?
(<xml-cocoon>/src/org/apache/cocoon/generators/FileGenerator.java)

Producers from Cocoon 1 are now Generators in Cocoon 2, yes FileGenerator is
the new ProducerFromFile.  The caching system has also changed, the main
interface is org.apache.arch.Modifiable, and defines

    public boolean modifiedSince(long date);

I'd say that you would want to always return true.

Of course with no cache at the moment it is not used, so it has not been
implemented in any generators.  Pier - you are a seriously lazy coder.  ;-)

Ross Burton