cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Martin" <jeff.mar...@dial.pipex.com>
Subject MS Word Producer
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 21:56:04 GMT
Just wondering if anyone had ever tried creating XML documents on the fly
from MS Word documents.
I've got a load of word documents which I want to give people web access to
browse whilst keeping the word documents as the master.

I was thinking of using COM/Word Basic to get at the document structure and
produce an basic XML version of the document structure. This can then be
placed into a cocoon producer and then passed on into a more usable document
type (e.g. PDF, HTML). I know that I'll probably lose a lot of the structure
of the document but as long as I can get the general info across I'm not too
worried.

I know it's stupid but then so am I ;o)

Anyone ever tried anything like this?